A message from Homeopathy UK & the Faculty of Homeopathy
In response to the tremendous demand for information about the use of homeopathy during the COVID-19 pandemic, our two organisations would like to jointly share the following information.
- Whilst there is currently no known cure for COVID-19, homeopathy can play a useful role in supporting people through all aspects of this crisis.
- The Faculty of Homeopathy’s members include doctors, nurses and pharmacists working in both the NHS and private sector. As healthcare professionals trained in both conventional and homeopathic medicine they are able to effectively integrate these various disciplines within their practice. Many members are currently treating patients with symptoms of COVID-19 or who have tested positive for the virus.
- Homeopathy has a long history of supporting patients with influenza-like illnesses and respiratory symptoms and doctors around the world are successfully using homeopathy alongside conventional medicine to treat the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Whilst following government guidance and remaining mindful of the limitations of all medicines when dealing with COVID-19, Faculty of Homeopathy members are also prescribing homeopathic medicines to help support their patients at this time.
- Homeopathy treats the individual person rather than any one specific disease - a truly holistic approach which can be effective in helping with emotional and psychological conditions as well as physical symptoms. During this challenging period homeopaths are successfully using homeopathy to help patients experiencing anxiety as well as depression, insomnia and grief.
- Homeopathy is most effective when prescribed on an individual basis by a registered healthcare professional. At a time when the NHS is at maximum capacity, we recommend contacting one of the many Faculty of Homeopathy members who are conducting virtual and telephone consultations. Homeopathy UK’s charitable clinics are also offering free online appointments to those in need.
- The Faculty of Homeopathy advocates an integrative approach to health, incorporating other lifestyle and nutritional measures to help boost immunity. These include eating at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day, staying well hydrated, taking regular exercise and getting enough sleep. Many practitioners recommend taking additional Vitamins C and D, Zinc as well as Probiotics, under appropriate supervision.
- Consulting a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other healthcare professional who integrates homeopathy within their practice allows you to receive the best of both worlds, with the most effective treatments being tailored just for you.
For more information & to find a registered homeopath use our Find A Homeopath search tool.
We wholeheartedly support the current public health advice from the Department of Health and encourage everyone to closely follow this advice. For further information, please see official guidance from the UK government, the UK NHS and the World Health Organisation.